Quote Originally Posted by sharptail View Post
That was a slick move...not wanting to derail the thread but switching the subject to dogs in Santa Fe county.
Sorry Jeff, I thought it was obvious that the point I was making was that the erosion of our rights is widespread and not limited to falconry and falconers, so I provided an example. Please forgive me for not elaborating.

This is cut out from the link I provided above:

Licensing and inspections of all breeders. Anyone who breeds dogs must obtain a Breeder’s permit, which is $150/year. This permit must include a list and description of all dogs intended to be bred in the coming year. This permit may be amended, so long as it is amended prior to the breeding taking place. An Animal Services Officer must be granted access “at any reasonable time” to inspect the premises and ensure compliance. If the inspection is not allowed, then the permit may be suspended or revoked, and the dogs may be impounded.

Since this includes those who breed just one litter in their homes, this means that the animal services officers would be permitted to enter private residences at any time. If no one is home, the officer may come back with a warrant.

If the litter was unintentional, then a litter permit must be obtained unless all dogs are relinquished to the local animal shelter.