I have an email account set up to handle inquires generated from our state club's website: http://ctfalconers.wixsite.com/home

I received a couple of emails from someone who indicated they were interested in obtaining a CT falconry license, which I answered. When I checked the email account this morning, I saw the following message, which I found troubling:

Navin
romantic_boy993@yahoo.com
Thanks for the Response.
Question: (1) i am trying to apply for Falconary license in Connecticut through wild life and fish Deparmeng, the department said in order to do that i need to find sponser by meeting falconers from CT falcon association.
Question: (2) i am trying to take these falcons out side the U.S i already have spoken with Cites to apply for certificate of exportation but as of right now i do not hold any falconary license from any state, i was woundering if i can buy wild Gir Falcons from falconers or hunters who trape them in the wild and export them abroad because Cites have no issues granting me exportation certificate.
Thank you.
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Today at 1:00 AM

Here's my reply:
Now things make sense. From the way you write, it's obvious that you are not from the U.S. I'm not sure if you are trying to scam people or if you are simply ignorant of the laws, but what you are asking for help with (taking wild caught gyrfalcons out of the country for sale) is illegal and violates CITES regulations. No legimate falconer would ever be involved in that type of activity. Consider this your first and only warning. This discussion is over. If you try to contact me or any other U.S. falconer again, I will alert US F&WS.
Today at 6:32 AM

This is either a scam/primitive attempt at a sting operation or it's the dumbest person on the planet. I called the regional law enforcement office of US F&WS and forwarded the text of the email conversation to them. Has anyone else ever received this type of email?

Regards,
Jon D'Arpino
CT Falconers Asscoation