I'm thinking that i would like to try imprinting and hacking a bird in the next year to 3 years as where i'm living now i think it would be a good place to hack a bird but i will not be living here for very long. I have only read threads about imprinting and hacking so i know ver little so wanted to know what are some good books i should read and good websites anyone i should talk to etc.

so where i live there is houses but my house backs on to a nice size of woods there is a coopers hawk living back there this year after seeing him hunt in my back yard a few times that is what has given me this idea .

i would like to try it with a AK or a coops i have all ways wanted to fly a ak but i have heard they aren't the best for hunting more for just having fun with the lure and i think how my land is set up it would be better for a coops or maybe i'm thinking to small of a bird? or is something a little bigger is easier? i don't want to spend a lot of money on the bird if i'm going to hack it if i was going to just do an imprint then i wouldn't care that much about the money but i would be pissed at my self if i spent a lot just to see it never come back from the hack